Happy October! [insert shock and awe that September flew by — right into the sun, judging by how freakin hot it was all month] September had some pretty steep highs and lows, but the best month of the year is finally here! Fingers crossed the weather calms down that way we can get to cozy clothes and comfort foods.
- Surpassed 100 followers on the blog! (Thank you all, sincerely.)
- Started handwriting letters to some fabulous people.
- Won a beauty giveaway and a book giveaway! (AHHHH!)
- Did a massive wardrobe haul-out.
- Went to Blake’s Farms twice!
My mom’s birthday was this past week! We celebrated a couple of weekends prior, had a nice family dinner and played card games. She went away with her husband the weekend of her birthday, so my sister came to stay for the weekend. Other than my mental health being an actual flaming pile of trash that weekend, I loved having her stay. ❤
Not great. In fact, things took a serious downhill turn two weekends ago. I think I just crashed and burned from my DO ALL THE THINGS phase, which resulted in me being apathetic all day that Saturday and then constantly crying that Sunday. It was a significant low compared to the moderate/high moods I’ve been in for most of the month.
My anxiety, on the other hand, was awful most of August and into September, but it eased off once Jonny had his first job interview at my work. Because of the whole visa process thing we’ve been going through, there was a lot of pressure going into that interview; I’ve been working there and he was interviewed on my recommendation (“reputation”), it was his first interview in the U.S., he really wants to work there (high hopes), we really need the money, etc. Once he had his interview, my anxiety came down from the precipice.
- Tiara really got me with this one on growing up your way, life-changing yet nameless heroes, overachieving, and doing one thing at a time.
- Lyz-Stephanie showed her humor, strength, and grace in the face of Hurricane Irma with this hilarious compilation of types of hurricane people.
- CW continues to write the best book reviews I’ve ever read. I read every single one she posts, even if I’ve never so much as heard of the book she’s discussing. She also wrote this super helpful guide for college-bound kids that I recommend.
- Lu moved my heart with this poem to her friends.
- Jessica always posts gorgeous travel photos, and she didn’t disappoint this month.
- Rachel and Jason have an awesome blog about getting rid of things. Jason’s post on the true weight of stuff was a fab read.
- AfroIrish shared this post about having two homes, as usual sharing her worldly wisdom and lovely words.
- The Loyal Brit Wit is an A+ blog showcasing Britishisms through definitions and creative writing.
GOALS FOR OCTOBER
- Surpass 200 followers on the blog, 300 on Twitter, 500 on Instagram.
- Start my Christmas shopping.
- Make and freeze some hearty soups/stews.
- Narrow down my wardrobe even more.
- Read four books.
- Stockpile blog posts for Blogmas; I’m not quote ready for Blogtober, but I might give Blogmas a shot as I have more time to prepare for it.
- Raise $100 for Puerto Rico. Today through Friday, I’m raising money at my work to donate to Puerto Rico. I’m hoping to raise over $100. I’ll definitely do a post about this when it’s over, so stay tuned.
How was your September? Did you accomplish everything you set out to do? What are your goals for October (the best month)?