Guys, I’ve been nominated for another award! I am so touched and honored. I haven’t reached two whole months of blogging just yet, but here I am with award #2! I’m feeling #blessed and full to bursting with love. 🙂 ❤ x
Thank you again to Afiyah over at WhenLifeAwakens for nominating me (2 weeks ago…), this time for the Liebster Award! Afiyah posts all about being successful: in blogging, university, traveling, and life. One of her recent post is about Canva, a hella useful tool for bloggers new to graphic design. My favorites are her #BEABOSS posts, as they’re inspirational and informative. You should all check her out! Her blog is a gem.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- My least favorite foods are bacon, popcorn, licorice, and tequila. Bacon just isn’t nice, the smell of popcorn gives me a headache and I don’t like the taste, and licorice and tequila have the worsts scents (and tastes) in the world.
- My favorite colors are shades of light blue and light green. You know that lady who’s all pink or the one who’s all green? I’m the light blue/green lady. My obsession goes so far, that I often considering buying things I’d normally dislike just because they’re a pretty color. (For example, I loathe Kia Souls. Paint it turquoise, and I’ll probably consider it.)
- Rose gold > gold > silver. My engagement ring is rose gold, with a large aquamarine in the center and a halo of small diamonds. Jonny proposed to me on a beach in the dead of winter (to sort of simulate our first “I love yous” in Florida in 2012); it was so lovely.
- I have 9 younger siblings: 6 brothers, 3 sisters. I’m the oldest at 25, and my youngest sibling is my 8-year-old brother. His soccer team just won their first game on Saturday… 10-0.
- I can lick my nose. I taught one of my brothers (who’s 12 now) how to lick his nose, and he has surpassed my skill; he can now lick into his nostril.
- I’ve reread the Harry Potter series over 15 times. I always thought I was a Gryffindor, but I grew up, got sorted on Pottermore (4 times!), and have come to grips with the fact that I’m definitely a Slytherin.
- My partner and I have been together for 5 years, and we were in a long distance relationship for a lot of that. Jonny’s English, but he lives with me in the States now. 🙂 We’re planning our wedding reception for next summer. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about long distance relationships, so feel free to ask me about them.
- I like iced coffee in the morning and hot teas throughout the day. Dark chocolate > all other chocolates. Tacos are my favorite foods.
- I like reading and writing fan fiction, and I’ve been part of the forum roleplay community for sixteen years.
- I can code HTML/CSS, and I would like to learn programming languages in the future. I can spend hours staring at code, focusing on pixel-sized details until my eyes cross. I’ve never coded a WordPress theme, but it’s on my list of to-dos.
QUESTIONS FROM AFIYAH:
- Do you prefer night or day? Why?
Day. I used to be a huge night owl, but I work a 9-to-5 job now, so I’ve converted. I’m not a morning person by any means! I just prefer daylight for my mood and productivity.
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Empathetic, moody, creative.
- What are you most grateful for?
I’m most grateful for everything Jonny has done for me, especially his moving all the way here to the U.S. to be with me. I know he’d say it was an easy choice because he likes the States and he loves me, but I know how hard it is on him to be away from his lifelong friends and family, his favorite foods, his home. And I’m immeasurably grateful to him for being with me me. (I’m also grateful for Taco Bell.)
- What are you most afraid of?
Losing him. Followed by finality and bees. I’m reconciling with spiders, and while I love what bees do for the world, they terrify me.
- If you were able to have powers, what would they be?
Teleportation and/or shapeshifting. (If I were in the Harry Potter universe, I’d like to be a metamorphmagus. If I wasn’t born with that ability, I’d learn how to be an animagus.) Teleportation would be great because it’d save time and money, and I could (presumably) side-along Jonny and our cat around the world.
MY NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- Did you keep a journal before you started blogging? (If so, do you still journal?)
- Have you ever visited a place because it was in a book/movie/tv show/etc.? (If so, where did you visit and why?)
- If you could pick two people — one alive and one deceased — to have dinner with, who would they be and why?
- If you could only visit one [more] country, which country would you choose and why?
- Do you [still] dress up for Halloween? (If yes, what are your ideas for this year?)
Again, thank you to Afiyah for nominating me and making me feel incredibly special. To my nominees: Link me if/when you’ve posted your response! I’d love to read your answers and see who you tag.
Best wishes everyone,
P.S. An update on my Wardrobe Purge is coming tomorrow!